Maximize Your Monitoring Machines
Observer Matrix Network Monitoring Switch is the perfect device to enhance the power of your monitoring appliances. Designed from the ground-up, the Matrix uses a modern HTML5 GUI and the best underlying hardware technology for optimal ease of use and performance. Stop compromising simple configurability or giving up on powerful switch features and functionality. With Matrix quickly leverage all your legacy monitoring tools, and get the right data to the right tool in a timely manner.
Key features and capabilities:
- Industry's first rule-based interface makes packet manipulation and filtering a breeze
- Drag-and-drop GUI network-tool port connectivity provides the ultimate in flexible traffic flow configuration, visualization, and management
- Cost-effective design means pay for only those monitoring resources you need while making 24 port expansion simple
- Traffic pre-processing which can extend the life of legacy monitoring equipment or dramatically increase tool efficiency
- Selectively directing and passing only the most critical traffic making the transition to 10 Gb less painful
- Flexible port assignments (any port can serve as a network or tool port)
- Perform complex filtering using a GUI and/or BPF language
- Replicate, aggregate, or load balance tool traffic without restriction
- Scale to 24 ports of gigabit or 10 Gb and beyond
- Choose IEEE-1588 (PTP), GPS, or NTP time stamp options
- RESTful API to monitor and/or manage the Matrix with third party apps
Feature Details Below - Click to expand
Ease of Use
Observer Matrix has been designed from the ground-up with an entirely new HTML5 interface that makes configuration, programming, and management incredibly easy. Plug-and-play simplicity translates into a total typical setup time of ten minutes. Everything about the user experience is painless; change traffic patterns in 2 seconds, load balance in 2 mouse-clicks, replicate traffic in 1 mouse click.
All good network monitoring switches include capabilities like aggregation, load balancing, speed conversion, and traffic replication. Matrix does all this and more. Developed to provide deep packet manipulation, every Matrix includes user configurable de-duplication, packet trimming, multiple time-stamp options, and the most powerful yet simple to use filtering in the market.
Observer Matrix is a 1U network monitoring switch capable of supporting up to 24 network or tool ports. Large deployments in excess of 24 ports can be achieved by daisy chaining connecting multiple 1024s. The smallest configuration is eight ports, but units will be configured and shipped in various sizes and speeds.
Observer Matrix can be quickly mounted in most rack units, plug-and-play simplicity translates into a total typical setup time of ten minutes. Once installed, it's easy to add network SPAN or TAP links on the ingress ports along with various monitoring tools on the egress ports. Status and configuration can be done via a CLI or with the HTML5 interface via most popular web browsers.
We've included a RESTful API enabling the Matrix to share information with third party apps and/or enabling it to be managed and configured remotely by higher level management tools.
The Observer product line was originally developed by Network Instruments and was combined with JDSU products to create Viavi Solutions that deliver end to end visibility of the network.