Gigabit Packet Capture
Offering 1, 10, 40 and 100 Gb solutions, Observer Probes and GigaStor, monitor Gigabit from Edge to Core
Gigabit, 10 and 40 gigabit Ethernet networks mean high-speed communication, on-demand systems, and improved business functions. They also require diligent maintenance, real-time monitoring, and troubleshooting. To help fulfill the promise of gigabit technologies, network professionals require comprehensive, distributed analysis.
Network Instruments Gigabit solutions provide multiple scalable options for enterprise organizations demanding a complete approach to network management. All appliances are 64-bit Windows systems and include our exclusive Gen2 capture technology designed to maximize analysis performance on critical links.
All Observer full-duplex Gigabit products include the Gen2 Gigabit Capture Card. Gen2 technology offers many advantages for maximizing gigabit analysis performance. The Gen2 card delivers analysis port flexibility with the ability to monitor up to 8 ports for any simultaneous combination of SPAN sessions, full-duplex connections, and trunked links. The card also uses SFP technology so you can easily switch between monitoring copper or optical links.
Observer Gigabit, 10 Gb Probes Appliances cover your edge and remote network sites with advanced analysis technologies.
Probes offer full-duplex, wire-speed capture and analysis on Gigabit and 10 Gb links. The Observer Performance Management Platform excels in Gigabit and 10 Gb monitoring because of its superior hardware technology built on the internally designed Gen2 capture card. The Gen2 guarantees full-duplex, wire-speed monitoring and analysis.
Comprehensive monitoring and analysis technologies include:
- Real-Time Expert
- In-Depth Analytics
- Aggregate Performance Monitoring
Observer GigaStor plays a significant role for transaction-heavy organizations in data mining, network forensics, and data retention compliance
GigaStor stores up to 1.15 PB of network data, capturing for days, weeks, or months, on the network recorder. Retrospective Analysis eliminates finger-pointing between network and application teams by providing proof of what occurred. GigaStor is the perfect solution for your network’s security, compliance, and troubleshooting needs.
- Choose the right Observer GigaStor for your organization's size and needs. VIAVI offers an array of options in an assortment of form factors, network speeds, port counts, and capacities that range from 2 TB to more than a petabyte.
- GigaStor Upgradeable provides in-field expansion of storage by adding drives from the front of the unit without removing it from the rack. It's available in 2U and 5U form factors. Support for 1 and 10 Gb.
- GigaStor Expandable is the most adaptable GigaStor model, it supports the widest range of options, from 2 to 12 ports, and 48 TB or 96 TB of capacity per enclosure, scaling to more than a petabyte. Support for 1, 10 and 40Gb.
- GigaStor 10 Gb Wire Speed grabs every byte of traffic in your highest utilization core links, or virtualized server farm connections with two ports and either 144 or 288 TB of capacity.
- GigaStor Portable is the first self-contained, mobile forensics system. Count on it for troubleshooting network and application problems wherever they occur. Support for 1, 10 and 40Gb.
The Observer product line was originally developed by Network Instruments and was combined with JDSU products to create Viavi Solutions that deliver end to end visibility of the network.