LANforge Fire Traffic Types
Features and Transmit Characteristics for Network Traffic Generation
- Layer 2 and 3 - Raw Ethernet, TCP/IP and UDP/IP, IPv4 and IPv6
- Layer 4 - FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, GOPHER, TELNET, PING, DNS,SNTP and NMAP
- VoIP - SIP, RTP and RTCP
- File Endpoints - NFS, iSCSI, or SMB (SAMBA)
- Streaming audio and video with flexible plugin architecture
- Wireless test appliance - Emulates up to 31 802.11a/b/g virtual stations
- Fixed, Minimum and Maximum and transmit rates in bits per second. Random variation between the min and max creating a random stair-step pattern of data transmission over time.
- Fixed, Minimum and Maximum and random in bytes.
- The payload pattern for the data can be increasing, decreasing, zeros, ones, randomly generated and custom.
- Specify a particular port for IP traffic
- For IP based protocols, you can specify the ToS (aka QoS) bits in the IP header.
- This specifies the 'time-to-live' when configuring Multicast endpoints.
- Per../forms a 32-bit CRC calculation on the Payload.
- Specify SIP, CODEC, Ports, ToS, call setup, gateways, number of calls, ring time, Inter-Call gap and duration.
- Emulates unique machines with one physical interface. Emulates Ethernet, IP, 802.1Q VLAN's and wireless virtual stations.