LANforge Fire -10 and 40 Gigabit Network Traffic Generator
An excellent choice for testing high-performance networks and network components
The system can generate and receive almost 10 Gbps to itself (about 40 Gbps total across the backplane). 10 Gigabit CX4 Ethernet interfaces are available plus other quantities and types of interfaces including 40 Gbps. These are excellent systems for testing high-performance networks and network components.
LANforge 10 Gigabit Traffic Generation can generate FTP, HTTP, VoIP (SIP, RTP, RTCP), TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Ethernet and custom payloads. It supports 802.1Q VLANs, and can also emulate 250 to several thousand Ethernet interfaces with unique MAC and IP addresses, allowing a single LANforge machine to appear as an entire subnet of machines.
- Capable of generating up to 10Gbps on each port, depending on protocols mix and speed of the network under test. Supports at least 500 VoIP (SIP, RTP) calls if appropriate licenses are purchased.
- Hardware supports over 30,000 TCP connections on a single machine, but base license package includes licenses for 1000 connections. Contact sales for additional licenses.
- Supports real-world compliance with ARP protocol.
- Supports ToS (QoS) settings for TCP/IP and UDP/IP connections.
- Utilizes libcurl for FTP, HTTP and HTTPS (SSL), TFTP and SCP protocols.
- Supports file system test endpoints (NFS, CIFS, and iSCSI file systems, too!). File system mounts can use the virtual interface feature for advanced testing of file server applications.
- Supports custom command-line programs, such as telnet, SMTP, and ping.
- Comprehensive traffic reports include: Packet Transmit Rate, Packet Receive Rate, Packet Drop %, Transmit Bytes, Receive Bytes, Latency, Jitter, various Ethernet driver level counters, and much more.
- Supports generation of reports that are ready to be imported into your favorite spread-sheet.
- Allows packet sniffing and network protocol decoding with the integrated Wireshark protocol sniffer.
- GUI runs as Java application on Linux, Solaris and Microsoft Operating Systems (among others).
- GUI can run remotely, even over low-bandwidth links to accommodate the needs of the users.
- Central management application can manage multiple units, tests, and testers simultaneously.
- Includes easy built-in scripting for iterating through rates and packet sizes, with automated reporting. Also supports scriptable command line interface (telnet) which can be used to automate test scenarios. Perl libraries and example scripts are provided!
- Automatic discovery of LANforge data generators simplifies configuration of LANforge test equipment.
- LANforge traffic generation/management software is supported on Linux, Solaris and MS Windows.
- With the Armageddon feature, LANforge can generate and receive traffic up to 99% of the interface (100Mbps, 1 Gig and 10 Gig). Good for small packet generation and studying packet drops.
LANforge Fire can be purchased as software or comes in many configurations from portable to rack-mount appliances.
The GUI, displays and records data reported by the Resource Manager and, generates control and configuration requests to the Resource Manager.The Resource Manager, only one in a single or clustered system, handles data collection, configuration, control, licensing and can also be a Resource. A Resource is a Network Traffic Generator (LANforge FIRE or Wi-Fire) and/or Network Emulator (LANforge ICE). More Resources = More Capacity.